Book Transfagarasan Tour Tickets
- On your way towards the highway in the clouds (Transfagarasan), enjoy the sites of Targoviste, Curtea de Arges, and Poenari Castle.
- This guided excursion promises fun along with a kick of historic insight from your expert tour guide.
- Enjoy hotel pickups and drop-offs, making for a convenient start and end to your trip.
- Visit the former capital of Wallachia, Targoviste. Step out at the court of Vlad the Impaler, better known as Dracula.
- Explore the tombs of the first Romanian Kings at the consecrated monastery of Curtea de Arges.
- Drive on to the ruins of Poenari Castle, where you'll climb up 1,480 steps to reach Dracula’s Castle in the Poenari Fortress.
- A glamorous cruise along the Transfagarasan Road promises stunning views. It isn't called 'the highway in the clouds' for nothing!
- Once at the top of the summit, peer down at the echoey world below. Drink in views of the Vidraru Dam, Balea Lake, and the Prometheus Statue from here.
- Expert tour guide
- Round-trip hotel transfers with free WiFi onboard
- Bottled water
- Skip-the-line access to attractions
- This tour is available in English, Spanish, French, Italian & German.
- Targoviste: The court of Vlad the Impaler
- The monastery of Curtea de Arges
- The Poenari Castle and fortress
- The Transfagarasan Road
- You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.